Next ADHD Talks: 06 May 2021
“Understanding social skills therapy, PEERS and Paediatric Speech Pathology in the treatment of ADHD”
This is the first time The SociABLE Group will present to the Macquarie ADHD Parent Support Group. The SociABLE group was formed in 2020 by Alison Evernden, Renee Petherbridge and Fiona Wallis. The webinar will cover:
1. The role of a Paediatric Speech Pathologist and working with ADHD, ASD and anxiety
2. Busting the myths of social skills therapy & how it works
3. Understanding PEERS plus LEGO-based therapy, and the benefits of both types of therapy
The SociABLE Group is managed by three paediatric speech pathologists who teach skills that help strengthen friendships and improve social connections. Evidence-based social skills programs are held across Sydney and throughout NSW. As a Certified PEERS® Provider, The SociABLE Group’s approach is simple: 1) Provide evidence-based training that teaches real-world social skills; 2) Develop specific skills to enhance social exchanges and reduce feelings of social isolation; 3) Showcase individual strengths and skills to improve self-confidence and self-worth.
If you’d like to get in touch with us, or go on the waitlist, email us at:
The Macquarie ADHD Parent Support Group hosts four professional talks per year for parents, carers, teachers and other professionals working with ADHD kids.
Previous webinars included:
- Nov 19: Unravelling the brain – an ADHD update by Dr Patrick Concannon
- Oct 22: ADHD Q&A with Lou Brown
- Sept 23: ADHD Research, Health Services and School Engagement by Alex Latouche
- Aug 27: ADHD and the School Environment by Adam Wright