Our next Zoom webinar will be with Devon Barnes on
11 November 2021.
This is the first time Devon Barnes will present to the Macquarie ADHD Parent Support Group.
This information session will outline a variety of learning and language disorders including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, auditory processing disorder and other learning comorbidities with ADHD. Devon will help explain what they are, and what they aren’t. These conditions are complex and may involve concerns on language, writing, fine motor skills, executive function, cognitive processing and working memory. These conditions can be very common in kids with ADHD.
Devon Barnes is the Clinical Director of Lindfield Speech Pathology & Learning Centre which she established in 1990. She has over 50 years experience working with children and adults with speech, language, literacy and learning problems including dyslexia, auditory processing disorder and autism spectrum disorders. She has spoken at conferences in Australia, in New Zealand, USA and Malaysia on learning and reading difficulties. Devon has worked in both the public and private sectors with adults and children as both a speech pathologist and an audiologist.
This webinar is free for financial members of the group. If you would like to become a financial member ($20 annually), and access our subsequent talks in 2021-22 for free, then please complete the membership form here. Memberships are valid for the financial year. A discount code for this webinar will be emailed to you when bookings are open. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased for $10 each at the link above.
The Macquarie ADHD Parent Support Group hosts four professional talks per year for parents, carers, teachers and other professionals working with ADHD kids.
Previous webinars included:
- September 30, 2021: Busting Myths and Practical Parenting Tips
- June 22, 2021: Check in on School Engagement by Simon da Roza
- May 06, 2021: Understanding social skills therapy, PEERS and Paediatric Speech Pathology in the treatment of ADHD by The SociABLE Group
- February 2021 series by Simon da Roza
- Nov 19, 2020: Unravelling the brain – an ADHD update by Dr Patrick Concannon
- Oct 22, 2020: ADHD Q&A with Lou Brown
- Sept 23, 2020: ADHD Research, Health Services and School Engagement by Alex Latouche
- Aug 27, 2020: ADHD and the School Environment by Adam Wright